Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Because it was too long for a Facebook status...

I was watching a rerun of Criminal Minds tonight, an episode called "JJ". It was the last episode that fan-favorite Agent Jeroue appeared in. She was being forced out of her job, and gave a moving speech at the end.

When I first heard it, I immediately wanted to post it as a Facebook status. However, it was too long, so I thought I would blog it. The part in bold is what struck me the deepest. I think it’s an amazing outlook to have on life, and I wish more people looked at life this way.  

"I'm thankful for my years spent with this family. 
For everything we shared, every chance we had together.
I’ll take the best of them with me, and lead by their example wherever I go.
A friend told me to be honest with you, so here goes
This isn’t what I want, but I’ll take the high road.
Maybe it’s because I look at everything as a lesson,
Or because I don’t want to walk around angry.
Or maybe it’s because I finally understand that
There are things that we don’t want to happen, but have to accept.
Things we don’t want to know, but have to learn.
And people we don’t want to live without, but have to let go”
                                                ~Jennifer Jeroue, Criminal Minds
           

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that IS really moving. I read the other part of this blog (the night that changed my life forever) and had a HUGE knot in my stomach the entire time. It's still too real for me. And surreal at the same time. It all feels like a bad dream, and I desperately wish it was just that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I still get a sour stomach when I remember too much from that night. Almost like the smoke is back in my lungs.
    I started this blog because I realized I don't really fit in with any of the widow support groups. I tried. I really, really did. But I miss my husband and kids terribly, and always will, but unlike 95% of the people on the support sites, I can't let myself devote my life to being a widow. There's more to life than missing my spouse, and I want to experience that. I know Charlie would want me to experience that. That's what prompted the "I am a widow" post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes we just have to accept what's happened and put on our big girl panties and deal with it <3 Charlie didn't save your life for it to be wasted away in a dark room with a box of kleenex and medication ;) He would have wanted you to continue to move on and leave a greater legacy. God has big plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I love criminal minds & I wubb You!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete